Tax Practitioners Institute
The Maine Tax Practitioners Institute has been approved as an IRS Continuing Education Provider. Tax Preparers should always look for IRS approved providers when fulfilling their continuing education requirements.
• AUGUSTA - Thursday October 20 - Civic Center
• BANGOR - Wednesday October 25 - Jeff's Catering, Brewer
• PORTLAND - Thursday October 27 - Italian Heritage Center
Maine Tax Forum
SCORE MAINE is hosting the 20th Annual Maine Tax Forum, previously organized and hosted by Maine Revenue Services. SCORE is committed to delivering the same high-quality program that participants have grown accustomed to for the past seventeen years.
WHEN: November 2nd and 3rd, 2016.
• REGISTRATION – Online registration is encouraged. Registration will be available starting in August.
• PROGRAM CONTENT - Ethics, Federal Income Tax Developments, Maine Income Tax Developments, Federal & State Income Tax Case Law Developments, New IRS Initiatives, Other topics of current interest.
• WHO SHOULD ATTEND? - Tax professionals, accountants, enrolled agents, CPAs, tax attorneys, financial planners and others who need to keep informed of both existing laws and the annual changes should attend.
• NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES – Enjoy good food and great like-minded company. Mix and mingle, reconnect with friends and colleagues, share information and best practices.
• CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS – CPE and CLE credits are available. The number of approved credits will be determined once the program agenda is finalized.
- CPAs – The Maine Board of Accountancy does not certify education providers or pre-approve any courses for continuing education credits. In the past, however, the Maine Tax Forum programs have been accepted by the Board for continuing education credits. Click here to download the Board of Accountancy rules
• ATTORNEYS – The Maine Overseers of the Bar has traditionally approved the Maine Tax Forum for CLE credits.
• TAX PROFESSIONALS – The Maine Tax Forum program has been approved by the IRS for continuing education credits.